Announcements: 1. ECAASU Campus Ambassadors 2. ECAASU Trailblazer Award, Nominations Needed! 3. ECAASU Conference Board: Early Registration Ends Next Friday 12/9!
2) ECAASU Trailblazer Award: Do you know a student who is paving the way for activism and advocacy in the Asian Pacific American community? The ECAASU National Board is soliciting nominations of students who inspire, educate and empower those interested in Asian American & Pacific Islander American issues. As a new initiative to honor those who whose work fits with our mission and goals, ECAASU has created the ECAASU Trailblazer Award to recognize those students who have significantly impacted his or her community. Every two weeks leading up to the ECAASU 2012 Student Conference at Duke University, a Trailblazer Award nominee will be chosen by the ECAASU National Board as a finalist. At the ECAASU 2012 Conference, all the finalists will be recognized at a reception and the winner for ECAASU's Trailblazer Award will be chosen. The winner of the Trailblazer Award will be recognized at the reception and win a scholarship of an amount to be determined to further his or her education or career aspirations.
Date: December 8, 6-8PM
Deadline: December 3rd, 2011
- Great writing and editing skills
- Experience publishing with blogging platforms (Blogger, Wordpress, etc.)
- Strong familiarity with social media tools (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- Basic understanding of HTML
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Passion for Asian American issues/arts/current events
- Good sense of humor
A tiny little stipend might be available. Strongly prefer an intern in the Southern California area, but open to working with a qualified person located elsewhere in the United States. Interested? Send a cover letter, your resume and a 25-words-or-less answer to the question, "What makes you angry?" to firstname.lastname@example.org.