This is your chance to make a difference:
Deadline: Thursday March 29th at 11:30pm EST, but interviews will be assigned as early as this week, so it would be in your best interest to submit as early as possible.
What does the National Board do? Click to see.
ECAASU, the oldest and largest Asian American student organization in the country, has enjoyed over 34 years of education, advocacy, and activism. Right now, ECAASU is on the cusp of taking on a new direction and this is your chance to become apart of making history.
We are looking for a team of passionate, open-minded students and young alumni who can take the initiative on advancing a variety of issues, work well with a variety of different personalities, and be willing to meet students from every part of the country. We ask that you bring your personality to the table and show us why you belong at the crossroads of the Asian American movement.
We’re looking forward to meeting you.
- The ECAASU Directorate
More information about our application:
1) This isn’t the SATs; leave nothing blank.
2) We most really want to know what you are like and how well you will “fit” on our board. New positions may be created to accommodate outstanding individuals and personalities. That said, let your personality shine!
3) Position descriptions and responsibilities are described within the application; just click on the first question of the 2nd page of the application and a gray box will show up on the right side. To prevent the box from disappearing as you’re reading, keep your cursor over that gray box as your scroll down. Let me know if this doesn’t work for you (or download a better web browser).
4) Feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org anytime if you have other questions regarding the application or the application process.
Good luck, have fun, and be creative!
Below are the available positions for ECAASU National Board:
- Executive Associate Director (1)
- ECAASU Fellow (1-2)
- Associate Director of Advocacy (1)
- Advocacy Coordinator (1-2)
- Associate Director of Communications (1)
- Events Coordinator (1)
- Outreach Program Coordinator (1)
- Social Media Coordinator (1)
- Associate Director of Development (1)
- Development Coordinator (1)
Executive Associate Director – Strengthen National Board cohesion; assist in building Conference Board relations; travel to host school of annual conference prior to conference. In the event the National Board Executive Director is unable to fulfill his/her duties, the Executive Associate Director will be promoted to serve as National Board Executive Director until the next election.
Associate Director of Advocacy – Lead the Advocacy coordinator(s) on advancing APIA issues around the country and lead the Asian American Studies initiatives of ECAASU; collaborate with students, faculty members, and professors to maintain an Asian American Studies network; pursue civic engagement projects such as voter registration; keep up with and report on any APIA issues as they develop; formulate and advise upon official ECAASU policy positions;
Advocacy Coordinator – Research and advance specific APIA issues around the country; advise as an expert on those issues for the National Board; pursue projects to further advance the Asian American Studies initiative of ECAASU and civic engagement. NOTE: If you feel passionate about a particular issue, specify it in the space below.
Associate Director of Communication – Create a strategy to promote and facilitate the growth of outreach programs, publications/articles, and events; liaise between Conference and National Boards; review publications written by or about ECAASU National; send out online newsletter; create and compile a publication/journal each semester; collect social media data.
Events Coordinator – Facilitate the organization of regional mixers and other events; in charge of documentation and archiving these events through pictures, articles, videos, and/or any other innovative methods; collect event data and feedback.
Outreach Program Coordinator – Lead efforts to network and collaborate with multiple community groups on policy initiatives, volunteer events, and networking opportunities; guide ECAASU programs such as Campus Ambassadors, Interns, and Alumni, compile database of community groups.
Social Media Coordinator – Update the ECAASU website & blog, Facebook, twitter and other social media platforms; collect announcements for online newsletter; archive past ECAASU websites; develop creative and ambitious strategies to promote ECAASU and its activities over the internet.
Associate Director of Development – Create and implement a fundraising plan; manage the annual budget based on funds given by the Directorate; work with the Conference Board on a sustainable conference budget; grant writing skills not required but a plus.
Development Coordinator – Seek out and secure new sponsors (e.g. sources of funding) whose missions and goals align with those of ECAASU's; grant writing skills not required but a plus.
Fellow – Check this if you are unsure of what position you would like but would still want to be a part of ECAASU National. You will work with members of the National Board in accomplishing a variety of general tasks including: advocacy, development, outreach, research, and maybe saving the world.